FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta SP input calibration issue Help Needed

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Beta SP input calibration issue Help Needed
on Mar 9, 2010 at 7:30:02 pm

I have a pvw 2800 and the input black levels of the deck seems to be set to zero for setup instead of 7.5 when viewing the output on a composite waveform. I am feeding component bars in, and have all tbc presets set at preset and my blacks are at zero when viewing the composite output fed to a waveform.
I made a test recording and took it to another shop and they had to take their deck out of preset to raise my blacks.
Is there a dipswitch somewhere that sets the input black level to zero for some reason?
Or maybe an input pot for blacks? Ideas thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Beta SP input calibration issue Help Needed
on Mar 10, 2010 at 1:54:35 am

Component color bars from what signal generator?
Did you verify that SG source has 7.5 IRE black before running through the VTR?
What does the waveform tell you when there is nothing going into the VTR?

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:29:11 am

this switch does not exist on a 2800. Tell me where your bar source comes from - tell me the model # of your waveform monitor. Where are you getting component bars from - a generator ? Or a Digi Beta VTR ? Every step of the way is important. Don't leave anything out.

bob zelin

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:43:35 am

Thanks for the replies. Here is what I found.
I thought my deck was out of calibration but I had overlooked the 7.5 vs 0 ire setup switch on the AJA Kona. What I wonder is why would you want one vs the other?
I have never viewed the output of a analog deck and NOT had the 7.5 so why would you want the analog output to be at zero. zero is for 601 signal, or as I see also for component. So why would component analog need the choice? I have never had a component analog WF/VS all mine have been component digital and composite analog. I find that component monitoring should be zero, but beta SP input should be 7.5, then the output of the SP has the setup added and then the monitor is too bright...

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Mar 10, 2010 at 8:18:46 pm

hi dan

luckly enough i'm in PAL land.
what i understand from the books is that in Japan and some other country's the analog pedestal of 7.5IRE is not used this is just a different standard.i geuss they found we didn't had standard's enough ;-)

for a lot of info about analog videosignals look at this site
http://www.pembers.freeserve.co.uk/World-TV-Standards/index.html#Component

very in depth explaination of everything

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]