FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AJ-d450 error

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Frankel
Panasonic AJ-d450 error
on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:56:00 pm

Does anyone know why I can play back DVCam and DV tapes, but not native DVCPro tapes, in my D450? I have the menu in the proper mode, so it's not that. I recently played back some DVCam tapes without problems. Then, when I tried to record on DVCPro tape, I got E-02 error message and the servo light went to red and the image got all blocky. I have ref sync going in and YBR component video feeding it. Any ideas? Deck seems ok otherwise ;-).

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Panasonic AJ-d450 error
on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:56:56 am

That's an error message for "high error rate," as in channel condition errors.
This could be a bad recording by the deck or a bad piece of tape stock. I would try using a different piece of DVCPRO tape stock and if the problem is still there, try cleaning the heads with a head cleaning tape. If you know what you're doing underneath the hood, take the top cover off and follow maintenance cleaning guidelines.
If it ends up not being dirty or clogged video heads, your problem is more severe with your VTR.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Feb 27, 2010 at 1:06:40 am

As in: Playback head may be OK. Record head not OK.

Chad Brewer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Bruce Frankel
on Feb 28, 2010 at 3:18:00 pm

Chip,

Thanks for your response. It only seems to be happening in the DVCPro mode, not DV or DVCam mode. Stay with me here. I have two decks. Both AJ-D450s. One deck had this high error E-02 in DVCPro mode. The other deck seems to record ok, but has intermittent monitor BNC out connection troubles, so, I take the recorded tape out of one D450 and play it back in deck two, which has the recording problem. Odd, I know. Deck two plays back DVCam and DV fine, but not its native DVCPro. That's when I see the E-02 message, blocky video, etc. Why two decks? 'cuz I rarely use DVCPro to record and the cost to overhaul the deck was more than buying a supposedly fine, used D450 on Ebay. I was after the servo card since it seemed like a servo card error. So, I bought the second deck thinking I could cannabalize one deck to fix the other, but that did not work out. My original deck has very low hours, so I am surprised it might be a head issue.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Mar 2, 2010 at 1:15:31 am

I'm Chad, not Chip. But now worries.
Sounds like a problem with one of the boards - perhaps some bad capacitors?
Maybe your most cost effective fix is to make one deck work with the parts from the other - replace the BNC ports on the back of the deck that records fine...

Chad Brewer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]