FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Green Screen
on Feb 13, 2010 at 2:52:13 am

Is there a quick and easy way to do green screen really well? It seems everywhere I look I see really good examples of it: on youtube, by high school kids, college kids, hobbyists, on local tv stations; yet every time I have a client ask for it, my editors break out in hives telling me it’s really difficult and it’s critical how it’s lit, etc.

Hasn’t it gotten easier over the years? Aren’t there tools for doing it that didn’t exist years ago, that make it easier?

I have a client who asked for a sample. I told her it’s easy to do, we’ve done it many times but because I haven’t done it in over a year, I’ll put a sample together really quick and have it to her next week. I want to make sure I'm showing her a really clean sample.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thomas H

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
Re: Green Screen
on Feb 13, 2010 at 1:42:51 pm

Is necessary to cross post in 6 different forums?

"my editors break out in hives telling me it’s really difficult and it’s critical how it’s lit, etc. " - T.H.

Are you willing to hire a gaffer ?

That's your starting point. Pulling a clean key from DV footage can be difficult. If the footage is poorly lit the job of pulling a clean key can be extremely difficult.

"I see really good examples of it: on youtube" -T.H.

You're using Youtube to judge the quality of the keys?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 15, 2010 at 4:56:31 pm

[Thomas Hughes] "Is there a quick and easy way to do green screen really well?"

No!

If there was, everyone on the entire stinking planet would be using it... and you wouldn't be asking this question, because you'd already be pulling a fast 'n easy key.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:43:13 pm

Lighting it right is definitely the key to making this work.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]