FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony DXC-537A

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Cantu
Sony DXC-537A
on Feb 5, 2010 at 7:39:03 am

Hello,

I recently acquired a used Sony DXC-537A with a PVV-3 VTR from a Television Station, and I would like to know the overall image quality that this camera can produce,as well as its capabilities since i will be using this camera to shoot various projects as a hobby. The camera has 2007 Hours, Head has 716 Hours and tape has 320 Hours.

Reviews and tips on how to maintain this camera will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan Cantu

Return to posts index

Petteri Evilampi
Re: Sony DXC-537A
on Feb 5, 2010 at 5:05:04 pm

Low hours for head, it should have at least 1000 hours to go!
Sony DXC-537A was a great camera at it´s time (early 90´s), I lowed it. But how it can cope today depends so much of what You are going to require from it!
Anyway, have fun and good luck!

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Feb 6, 2010 at 1:05:33 pm

well

for hobby purpose the head is fine.
i guess you have a betacamSP deck to playback your tape's.
because this can't be done with the camera alone.

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Nathan Cantu
on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:24:37 pm

I do have a Betacam UVW-1200 player with low time on it, (only 300 hours). so having a deck is not a problem. But, I am wondering if i can use a Grass valley acedvio to import the video and audio (with XLR conversion via sterio mixing board) to my machine. Any recommendations?

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
on Feb 9, 2010 at 10:35:17 pm

If your computer has a Firewire port already, you might want to consider the Canopus (Grass Valley) ADVC-55 (or ADVC-110 if you need to lay video back off to analog Betacam or for monitoring). They do the same thing as that card and are a bit cheaper and don't require installation into your machine.

That being said, those are somewhat cheap solutions and will be compressed to DV, so the quality won't be stellar, but it'll be fine for hobby use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]