FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to cost a Video Edit- Audio Sync

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gale Matthew
How to cost a Video Edit- Audio Sync
on Feb 3, 2010 at 9:50:32 pm

Hi, I have about 60 hours or more of PAL HD footage to sync audio to video using FCP. I have no idea how to charge for this project. It may take up to a month to complete. What is the global rate for something like this? Do I charge per day? although I may not be only working on this project in that month. Do I just give a cost for the project? or do I charge for the amount of hours of footage to be synced.I was think 70US per hour of footage that I sync so 60 would be 70x60 = $4,200 for the job.Please advise.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: How to cost a Video Edit- Audio Sync
on Feb 4, 2010 at 12:50:50 am

I wouldn't get tied into a flat fee for the whole project..A lot of times when you do this for such a project, you end up having to do more work than you originally bid for the project and then your time is not being paid for. For something like this, I'd definitely come up with an hourly rate for work performed. Editorial jobs like this have a certain range in regard to the experience of the editor in the given market you're in here in the United States. I would advise you to call a variety of post production facilities and or editors in your area and find out what the low and high end prices are and put yourself within that scale according to how skillful you are...

Hope that helps a bit.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Gale Matthew
Re: How to cost a Video Edit- Audio Sync
on Feb 4, 2010 at 8:44:00 am

Thank You. I would take your advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved