FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digibeta Deck is screwing with audio channels

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Traynor
Digibeta Deck is screwing with audio channels
on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:31:06 pm

Hey,

So I've spent the last 6 hours frustratingly trying to get my audio channels to send properly from my MacPro to a Sony DVW-A500P Digibeta deck with absolutely no success.

I'm running out of FCP 7 with a Kona LHe (drivers reinstalled today). RS422 deck control and SDI to Serial Digital Input on the deck.

Video playback is great, but audio is patching weirdly and I've never had this problem before.

I have a two stereo tracks going out 1&2 and 3&4. FCP and the kona are set up to patch correctly all the way from A/V Device settings in FCP and in the FCP timeline. My Meters in Final Cut show me exactly what I want. On the deck my 4 audio and video inputs are set to SIF.

However, when I playback on the deck 1&2 gets duplicated to 3&4. 3&4 therefore, seem to be going nowhere.

If I mute 3&4 in FCP nothing seems to happen and if I adjust the input control for 3/4 on the deck, the levels do not adjust with it. However, if I adjust the input control for channel 1, channel 3 sinks with it. So it looks like either there is a bug with my kona card that is sending 1 to both 1 and 3 and 2 to both 2 and 4, or the deck is doing this.

Anyone have an inkling as to what's going on?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Digibeta Deck is screwing with audio channels
on Jan 24, 2010 at 2:11:55 am

Check the menu in the deck's setup. I believe that you have the option of setting the deck to feed Ch1/2 audio onputs to Ch3/4 or to set up CH3/4 to have different, separate inputs.
I don't have a deck in front of me right now, but it's either a Menu setting or a switch on the slide out control panel.
Tom

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.--Ferris Bueller

Return to posts index

Paul Traynor
on Jan 24, 2010 at 4:04:25 am

There doesn't seem to be a switch on the slide out control panel to have anything to do with audio, only chroma levels and ref video etc.

It's a pretty old deck and doesn't have a screen interface menu, so I'm unsure of how to actually get/change menu settings on it, anyone?

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:23:13 pm

oh yes it has a OSD menu.

and it has a very BIG menu where you can adjust and screw up things bigtime. first connect your monitor to the SDI or CVBS output marked with SUPER.
push menu and you find your self about a 100items you can tweak.
go to item 804 called CH3&4 input arrange and change them with your jog shuttle and the 3buttons above to SW/SW meaning you can control them with the switches on the frontpanel.
and don't forget to save.

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:31:08 pm

and if the menu still doesn,t show up there is a switch marked char underneath the panel which must be on on.

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Paul Traynor
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:06:32 am

nice one. thankyou very much, took me all of 20 seconds to fix!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]