FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dell U2410 connected to MBP having issues

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Nicastro
Dell U2410 connected to MBP having issues
on Jan 21, 2010 at 5:53:21 am

I have no idea where I should post this. But I have the Dell U2410 monitor and a unibody MacBook Pro. I have this monitor connected to the MBP via a displayport cable to mini adaptor. I am having two issues. First, the U2410 will randomly go into sleep mode even though the MBP is still awake and that display is still on. It will also sometimes flash to black three or four times in a row with 10 second intervals in between. Dell said it's not their issue and cannot troubleshoot it because it's not connected to a PC and Apple said it's not their issue because it's not an Apple monitor. Reading on other forums I came to find out that Dell does not test any of their peripherals on Macs. So what should I do? Dell did say they will exchange my product for a different one but I would rather see if there is any easier fix first.

My second question is about the cabling. Should I stay with the displayport to mini adaptor or use a mini displayport to DVI or HDMI cable?

Eric

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dell U2410 connected to MBP having issues
on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:59:10 pm

For what it's worth, I had the black flashing & sleeping on a Dell connected to a Windows Box. It finally went totally black. It was a faulty backlighting on the monitor, and it was of course out of warranty.

I wrote the monitor off as a loss, got an HP monitor and haven't looked back since.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Nicastro
on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:46:10 pm

Which HP monitor did you get? I got the Dell based on recommendations from others (mostly here on the COW). I mainly do motion graphics and video editing with it and so far am happy with the color and quality. Would you recommend anything else that's comparable? I wanted the Apple display but they cost just way to much. I love the LED picture on my MBP.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:24:27 pm

[Eric Nicastro] "Which HP monitor did you get?"

I dunno.... I got one that was comparably priced to the Dell at Office Max... and since it was on sale, it was a couple of inches bigger. So that was nice.

Since I don't rely on this particular monitor for critical color judgments, I wasn't too picky. I just wanted one that worked.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]