FORUMS: list search recent posts

embed 2nd timecode in userbits

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maurice jansen
embed 2nd timecode in userbits
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:17:49 pm

hi there all

i have a question. i have some TC issue that are making me nervous for a registrtion of a major rock meets classic event.

sketch of the project.
live coverage and DVD registration.
the band or actually the monitor engineer will start a multitrack of a orchestra on the start of every number. this is actually already a downmix of a much bigger multitrack. (beefed up for PA-needs) Since this is a part of the TOUR package of the band the tourcrew don't want to synchronize to our OB or to any local supplier.
As our client had contact with the producer of this multitrack and has clearance to use the BIG multitrack. The idea is to embed the timecode of the localmultitrack into the userbit's of our generated timecode.
which will also feed a multitrack recording of a 2nd company

Although this is possible with our TCgenerator my statement was that this is impossible because the 2 timecode's are nonsync. the multitrack of the band has to be sync with our TC (not easy because they use DF-29.97 TC and we use NDF-25FPS TC).

for me that is a impossible (can some one change my mind set ???)
the other thing is will the UB servive through the whole post production process before it meet's the audio post??

we will record on 3x EVS XT2 (all the ISO's plus PGM) and 2Deck's as worstcase scenario backup. can the XT2 record UB and does the Xfile export it. and how do they ingest this in a NLE (FCP or AVID i guess)
i mentioned to record TCfrom the band both on the EVS and the multitrack of the 2nd companyon a seperate audiotrack just to be sure that you have it.
is this wise???

we will not do post so i want to be sure that no finger's will be pointed at us after the production. i have a bad feeling about this grrr.

weird setup and o so much politics here i guess this could be done much simpler

please comment

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: mbed 2nd timecode in userbits
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:06:38 am

I've never used an XT2, but sending whichever tc to an audio track and then using standard tc for the other would be a great way to have both sets if tc in one place. You can have both pal and NTSC timecodes this way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]