FORUMS: list search recent posts

MiniDV to BETA

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Melvin
MiniDV to BETA
on Jan 8, 2010 at 3:02:27 am

I'm submitting a project to a network to be broadcast. The network requires the tape to be BETA and I'm only able to output to miniDV by recording it on my Canon XHA1s. The miniDV seems to be fine. I reviewed it on 2 different cameras and it ran smooth. I then sent it to a company to have it transferred to BETA. the responded stating that the video skips. It plays for a few seconds then stops only to continue again and stop after a few more seconds. Audio is fine.

I did the editing in Pre Pro CS4 in DV and recorded in the same.

Any ideas?

John

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: MiniDV to BETA
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:16:42 pm

A lot of newer Canon cameras produce tapes that only playback in Canon cameras or Canon MiniDV decks..My guess is that the facility you sent the tape to doesn't have a Canon deck and therefore cannot get proper playback. I've seen this many, many times. They should allow you to bring your camera in and use that for playback to do the transfer.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

John Melvin
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:25:27 pm

Thanks for the response!
Sounds reasonable...my problem is that I'm in Illinois and they are in Colorado...hate to ship my camera to them, plus we have 13 episodes.

I do have acess to a Sony fx7...do you think I'd have better luck with it? For now I'm sending a drive with the file on it which is good but they are charging quite a bit more.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Jan 9, 2010 at 12:33:31 am

You're sending it to Colorado from Illinois?
Check us out, we're in Illinois:
http://www.televersions.com

You'd save on shipping etc. and we can handle every file format and have every broadcast video deck in HD and SD - we're the Midwest's fully equipped Broadcast Video facility.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Jan 9, 2010 at 1:11:51 am

John,
After thinking about it further, if they are charging you more to do a tape layoff from a file instead of a tape, you're NOT dealing with a good company. If you want to make your life easier and save money, call us at TeleVersions in Chicago. We can master tapes for you and ship them wherever they need to go. Plus, we have price discounts based on volume - if you want to do 13 episodes, we'll give you a better price than for just one or two.

You can ask for me, Monday thru Friday, 11am to 7pm.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

John Melvin
on Jan 9, 2010 at 1:36:01 am

Sounds great...I'll call you first of next week. I had went with them because the network is near them and suggested them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]