FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic BT-LH2550 or FSI LM-2450W?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave matti
Panasonic BT-LH2550 or FSI LM-2450W?
on Jan 8, 2010 at 12:22:27 am

Hi group, I am in a bit of a trouble here, because the time has finally come for me to upgrade my monitor to HD (in my market HD has not been a big issue until now, so today I still use a good old Sony SD trinitron monitor of the old PVM series!). The new HD editing system is Final Cut Pro with Aja Kona Lhi on a big 8-core station.

I was considering the Panasonic BT-LH2550 (on some gigs I have used the "lesser" series from Panasonic, and it did not impress me), and I know I want to avoid JVC, as well as Sony, if at all possible. On this very forum I read about the FSI LM-2450W, which I did not know before. It appears impressive.

But, as often is the case, the two companies do not give the exact same information about their products, so that it is difficult for me to compare. What catches my interest in the Panasonic is the 10bit feature, as well as the possibility to calibrate it without buying any additional equipment. And I have seen the older one, called LH2600 and it did have a very good quality (subjectively speaking...). But then again, the FSI is rated as grade 1.

So: I need help. Any comment is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: Panasonic BT-LH2550 or FSI LM-2450W?
on Jan 8, 2010 at 2:53:43 pm

Hi Dave,

The Panasonic does NOT have a 10 bit lcd panel. It simply uses 10 bit processing, same as our LM-2450W. We do have both 8 bit (2450W) and 10 bit (2470W) lcd panel units and both use 10 bit video processing. If you have additional questions feel free to contact us directly.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 9, 2010 at 12:40:30 am

Now, I was a big BT-LH2600 fan, becasue it was so much better than the Sony LMD series. But then JVC came out with the DTV-24 series, which was better than the Panasonic. And then the FSI came out. The FSI 2450 is DRAMATICALLY better than the Panasonic. I recently saw the "old" BT-LH2600W side by side with the new BT-LH2550, and I was shocked to see how poor the "off axis" viewing was on the new 2550 compared to the old 2600.

The FSI monitor is the one you want. I just installed a new Ikegami LCD 24" monitor (I think it's also called the 2450), and I was very impressed with this as well. But the FSI is spectacular, and you will not be disappointed.

How did Sony become the worst manufacturer of LCD monitors ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Jan 9, 2010 at 1:00:11 am

well i guess i know what you will choose.

but i think you have to decide for your self.
arrange a shootout between the two.
bring in al those nasty testpattern's and of coarse some oh and ah picture's. and see for your self.

ps
I think you will choose the FSI

grt
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 10, 2010 at 3:56:52 pm

Maurice (once again) is correct. Taking our word is silly - you need to have both units at your facility for a "shootout" so you can choose for yourself.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]