FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digibeta Deck Timecode switching back and forth

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Alexander
Digibeta Deck Timecode switching back and forth
on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:49:54 pm

Not sure if this is the proper forum, but...
I am doing an assembly edit from one Digibeta deck to another to build a reel. When I try to line up IN points, the timecode on the Master keeps changing from the proper timecode that I want to some random timecode digits during Jog/Shuttle. I cannot set the IN point on the Master. I tried a straight record of the master and the timecode anomaly carries over to the dub. It plays without any noticeable timecode breaks. This might just be a bad Master, which happens, but I'd like to know what the problem is to avoid it in the future. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Digibeta Deck Timecode switching back and forth
on Jan 6, 2010 at 12:33:02 am

It's probably because the master tape has LTC and VITC timecode that are different...When you jog, the deck uses/shows you VITC...With a tape like that, I would use control track to set the in/out points on the master to get the edits done...

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:38:53 pm

Chad's right - the VITC is different, causing your in point setting to be wrong. You should be able to force it to read only LTC with the switch under the panel. Set both decks to LTC and try setting the points again. Otherwise, I'd go with Chad's CTL point setting.

Return to posts index

Mike Alexander
on Jan 6, 2010 at 5:10:48 pm

Thanks folks. I'll take your advice. I had that idea, but no one around to bounce it off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]