FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parallel digital connection issue? Any ideas?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Klinger
Parallel digital connection issue? Any ideas?
on Dec 21, 2009 at 2:29:23 am

We have a few older decks with parallel digital connections. We have a parallel to serial converter, an AJA C10PS unit, which I haven't yet, gotten to work.

When powered up and plugged into the parallel out of our d2 decks I get a green lock light on the aja converter, but when I plug either of the serial outs into anything I don't get a valid signal. Not into a monitor, not into a digibeta deck, not into a scope. I have tried two Parallel source D2 decks with no success and tried all dip switch combinations. The unit we have is supposed to auto-set to either composite/component digital NTSC or PAL.

Any ideas? Aja unit not functioning properly -- or something I am overlooking something?

Mike Klinger
Tree Falls Post
(323) 851-0299
mike@tfpost.com
http://www.tfpost.com

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: Parallel digital connection issue? Any ideas?
on Dec 21, 2009 at 10:01:36 am

hmm

i'm not sure but i guess the old D2 output's a 4Fs composite digital signal and not our everyday used component digital signal. i guess everything is actually working but outputting the wrong standard. i guess if you want to use the paralel output you have to use a transcoder (we use the innovision DX210 and DX120 for our VPR3 and panasonic D3).
or use a highquality composite to digital encoder.

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Michael D. Brown
on Dec 21, 2009 at 7:13:19 pm

I believe Maurice is correct that your D2 is giving you a composite signal. I'm not sure you would gain much over just using a composite analog path. FWIW, we have a DVR-20 with the SDI option board, but it's still just composite.

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 21, 2009 at 11:41:48 pm

the AJA C10PS is still being sold by places like B&H, even though it no longer appears on the AJA website.

The C10PS is the original AJA product - a parallel to serial SD-SDI converter. If you get a green lock light, it is seeing the D2 VTR. I don't know why you are getting no output - but I know who would -

call this # - (530) 271 3190

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]