FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video format for broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Christofer Wetterholm
Video format for broadcast
on Dec 16, 2009 at 3:37:36 pm

Up till now i have done three tv commercials but i am a bit unshure if i am getting the best videoformat from the client and if my workflow is ok.
I would really need your help.

I am getting interlaced Blackmagic uncompressed 10 bit 4.2.2 quicktime files with framerate 25 FPS and a size of 1024*576
I think that they are stretching the file from 4:3 but i am not shure.

I then do all my work in a 1050 * 576 composition (i need to stretch the footage a little to fit the dimensions)

When i am done with the promo i render out a QT animation with fields and compresses it to a mpeg master with telestream episode

The finished file is a mpeg 2 with the dimensions 720*576 with 16:9 par

Does all this seem right to you video pros??

Is this a good workflow or should i do it in another way? and should i request some other footage from the client or is this ok?

I am a beginner in broadcastdesign therefore all the questions and i would be greatfull for all your input
/Christofer

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Video format for broadcast
on Dec 17, 2009 at 1:24:43 am

Where are they being delivered for broadcast and what are the specs that they require? I wouldn't finish anything in MPEG2 format unless I had to or it was destined to be a DVD. Let us know what the end result of the commercials are and what the delivery specs you have been given are and we can help you.

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

Christofer Wetterholm
Re: Video format for broadcast
on Dec 17, 2009 at 5:55:20 am

Hello!!
The file is beeing deliverd to tvstatios in sweden, Norway and Denmark.
In Sweden thru a company called Adtoox they want a Anamorpic mpeg 2 file

SD 720*576 interlaced video in full frame 16:9(FHA) compressed with MPEG2 4:2:2 I frame only, compression at 30 Mbps CBR.
They have a preset for episode wich i aply to the rendered 1050*576 QT Master.

In Norway and Denmark i send it thru a company called Adstream and they want

Interlaced QT Blacmagic 8 bit/uncompressed 8bit 4:2:2 with the size of 720*576 16:9 (rectangular pixels)

Or a 720*576 16:9 Interlaced SD MPEG 2 file with ITU-R BT.601-4 videolevels (RGB levels will not be accepted)
And compression set to 50Mbps CBR.

Thanks
/Christofer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]