FORUMS: list search recent posts

A lot of diferent question ..

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Silva
A lot of diferent question ..
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:55:13 pm

Hello to all .

So I started working in the area and I´m facing a lot of question . I´m a freelancer , so money is a importante factor in the next questions.

My machine

Phenom X4 965 - 4 * 3,40 Ghz

8 Gb Ram - 1600 mhz

Nvidia Quadro Fx 3800 ( 1 Gb Gpu, and a lot of other features)

Windows 7

Software ( Adobe , Sorezon Squeeze )

My work is focus in Tv comercials.

1- (HDTv , Broadcast Monitor, way to view the work looking for troubles)

I use adobe workflow in my projects (Premier, After effects, etc) , first of all , I need a screen to test for flickers and color correction problems. Can I buy any Hd Tv and in premier, output to him and see the problems or do I need anything else like this http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_sdi_output_us.html and a broadcast monitor ? And If I only need a Hd tv, can you suggest some models that I can have in my desk?

2- (Best codecs to use in my workflow, or plug in that I may get that improve image quality of the renders)

At this moment we use a DV Cam that record Pal , and then they give me the footage uncompressed, or they use canopus codec , before thet give it to me. Then I normaly work on that footage and then export it to mpg2 using a preset that is the Dv Pal high quality in Premier with some changes, but I see that the picture loose a lot of quality in that process. How can I improve, and what is the best codec I can use. To export to Pal tv .

Note: I have que adobe media encoder and Sorenson Squeeze

3- (Dvd footage , using it on Premier )

Sometimes I receve DVD that I need to take the footage and use it, but the problem is that it comes in Vob files and Premier doesnt read that files, so I need to convert them, what is the best way of doing it, and the best sofware to do it or the best way to work around this problem ??

4 - (Footage in diverse formats)

That question is a problem that I´m facing , I receved some Dvd of a company and some are 720p (16:9 ; 1024*720, )) and others regular Pal (4:3, 756*576), and of course they have diferent aspect ratio 1,44 and other 1,09. My final output need to be pal, what is the best way , program, solution , I can use to solve this problem?

5- (Improving Workflow)

I´m always looking for ways of improving my productivity and image quality of my works, so if you can suggest any software , plug in , codecs, Hardware, I can use that will improve I will be thankfull.

.......Doing my best.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]