FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Delivery Question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Klein
Broadcast Delivery Question
on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:06:32 pm

Hello, I'm working on my first TV commercial and the client gave me the following delivery info. Please let me know if I am going about this correctly.

Formats (from client):
-Mp2; mp4 (uncompressed 8/10-bit optimal)
-Slated w/ 1-SEC leader/trailer (@ full 30, spot will be 32-SEC)
-As frame rate and pixel/aspect ratio information is a little out of my league, your guidance in this matter is appreciated. We will be broadcasting these commercials on cable and network television stations; there is no need for HD.

The footage I will be using in this commercial comes from 3 different places...
1. 1080i (AFX is interpreting as Upper first), XDCAM Clip Browser says "Pulldown Type 1-1". 59.94 interlaced FPS
2. Footage ripped from a DVD
3. Footage captured from mini-DV tape

My current plan:
-I am doing the video in After Effects and plan on using the "NTSC D1" preset which is 720x486, .91 pixel aspect ratio, 29.97 fps.
-The final video will be 32 seconds long, with the first and last second being dead black space.
-I will render as "H.264" format which is .mp4.
-Field Order: Lower
-Bitrate: Target-8Mbps Maximum-10Mbps
-Audio: AAC, 48kHz

Does all this sound correct? I'm going to try and get more info from the client, but if for whatever reason I can't, am I moving in the right direction? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Broadcast Delivery Question
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:45:06 am

There is no such thing as uncompressed mp2 or mp4, but it sounds like you are headed in the right direction. When you render, you probably won't be able to see the difference between 3Mbps or 8Mbps, but if it makes you feel better you can use the higher bit rate.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]