FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADVC 1000 problem

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Redgrove
ADVC 1000 problem
on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:27:55 am

Hi All

I've borrowed a colleagues Grass Valley ADVC 1000 to send pictures from my FCP on MacBook Pro via SDI to a broadcast monitor and on. Problem is I can't get anything except noise up on the monitor. I know images are going down the firewire as I tested it with a camera and the ADVC has picked up a signal/stream. Is there some basic procedure I'm failing dismally to adhere to? I don't have a manual but know it works as it has in the past...

Cheers

Paul

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: ADVC 1000 problem
on Nov 6, 2009 at 12:08:27 am

Have you got the ADVC1000 set to DV-SDI? (right hand side button). It should display DV timecode in the display window.

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Paul Redgrove
on Nov 6, 2009 at 8:11:17 am

Hi Baz
Yup and it generates a timecode and indicates a stream with audio...infuriating as I know it works!

Cheers

Paul

Paul Redgrove

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Nov 7, 2009 at 2:35:15 am

Paul - I have a MBP and an ADVC1000 in my facilities here. If you haven't sorted it out yet I can hook them up here and see if I can replicate your problem.

Just let me know.

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Paul Redgrove
on Nov 15, 2009 at 1:47:59 pm

Hi Baz

Never got the damned thing to work. Tried everything. Had it running through firewire onto camera no problem. Thing is my edits suffered form cutting wihtout a monitor and if it's a persistant problem then I'll have to look at other setups...although my desire for a fully functional mobiel FCP with Black Magic, monitor etc etc continues to fall on deaf ears...

Cheers

Paul

Paul Redgrove

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]