FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDW-1800 Reference

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Annaël Beauchemin
HDW-1800 Reference
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:36:09 pm

Hello!

I work on an Avid DS in both 59.97 and 23.98 in HD. The deck is an HDW-1800 which has the 24p pulldown card. The syncs are a standard SD NTSC ref and an AJA GEN-10 trilevel sync.

The manual of the deck says to hook the SD ref to REF1 and the trilevel to REF2.

But when I try to capture or laydown 23.98 video to tape, I don't get a proper sync (STOP button flashing). If I try to switch the menu 309 of the deck (REF INPUT) from AUTO1 to AUTO2, it still doesn't work. What works is to plug the trilevel sync into REF1 while menu 309 is set to AUTO1.

So my question is: how can I switch the ref input of the deck to the trilevel sync without having to mess around cables on the back of the deck when I work in 23.98?

thanx alot,
Annaël

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: HDW-1800 Reference
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:14:09 am

put your reference inputs on a video patch bay, and patch in either tri level sync or standard black reference to both the HDW-1800 and the AVID DS.

You don't have to "mess around" behind the equipment, no differnt than when you have to change video sources to your DS or HDW-1800 input - you PATCH the signal on a patch bay. This is the easiest way to do this.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Annaël Beauchemin
Re: HDW-1800 Reference
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:26:04 pm

That makes sense.

Thank you, Bob!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]