FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live video stream delay

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Warren
Live video stream delay
on Oct 2, 2009 at 4:29:41 pm

Pardon my lack of expertise, I'm very new to live video work.

What I'm trying to do is create a delay (15 seconds or so) on a video stream that is direct from camera to computer. I'm going to have a camera set up in a room, and it will be directly wired to a monitor/computer/etc in another room, but will have a delay of 15 seconds or so on the display. This is a fairly small project, so my budget is equally small. As far as technical specs go, I'm using a pretty cheap Sony DV cam, and I will likely be using a laptop for the display. I've searched high and low for software that will incorporate a delay, but I have found nothing! Please help! It's much appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Live video stream delay
on Oct 2, 2009 at 5:04:26 pm

If the need for such a delay is to monitor and eliminate foul language, tell us right now. It makes a difference.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Warren
on Oct 2, 2009 at 5:06:59 pm

It's not to eliminate foul language or anything of that nature. I'm an art student and it's part of a sculptural installation. It has more to do with how people interact with the brief delay.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:03:03 pm

Easy, any new or used TIVO can be used for this: you start it recording, then pause it 15 seconds, then hit play, while still recording. Some DVD recorders can also do this, if using DVD-RAM disks.

We only recently got a DVR in the house when we got ATT's new U-Verse service, and my kids thought pausing live TV was black magic:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]