FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Balance Color Between Sony and JVC

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leland Talbert
How to Balance Color Between Sony and JVC
on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:27:37 am

I have four cameras that I need the balance the video. I have two JVC HD250 and two Sony BRC-300. The JVC's handle the primary shoot and ISO. The Sony's handles the large crowd shot and limited ISO. What is the best way to balance the video to some level of consistency over all the four cameras?

Stay Mindful

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: How to Balance Color Between Sony and JVC
on Sep 25, 2009 at 4:17:53 pm

I always carry a standard gray log chart on multi camera shoots. I shoot the chart with each camera at the beginning of each setup under the lighting conditions that that camera will be shooting in. I then use the recorded chart clips in the edit room to rough color grade the camera together. I pick the main camera as a reference and balance the others to it.
If you are doing live shows, take all of the cameras into a studio setting with the same lighting and set them all on a chart. Tweak your main camera and then adjust the others to match. Most cameras have menu driven setups these days. You might have to do a little research into each to find out what you can adjust on each one.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.--Ferris Bueller

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]