FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video codecs and formats questions for broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Silva
Video codecs and formats questions for broadcast
on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:26:25 pm

Hello to all.

I have just started to work in broadcast , doing motion graphics and editing movies for comercial spots. ( Pal System, my area)

And I get stuck with some tecnical question that I need to understand so that I improve the quality of my productions and my workflow.

The company works this away.

A camara man films (using a Dv cam) what we need and then brings the camara and gives me a uncompressed file , with .mov format that , with the frame size 720*576 with pixel aspect ratio 1,09 , lower field, uncompressed Yuv 8 bit 4:2:2, and 11 minutes is like 13 Gb of space (at least that are the settings I get when I imported it to test it in AE)

1 Question.
For me to work this files, what the best format and codec, I should use to compress so that I work with smaller files that my machine can handle.

2 Question
During my workflow I need to do pre-renders some parts of my animation that have video and complex effects that slow down a lot the computer.

I tryed to use mpg2 using the Pal DV High Quality Adobe media Encoder settings tha uses codec: MainConcept Mpeg Video .
The pre-renders looks good but when I do the final render the stuff that I pre-render just look bad , loose a lot of quality.

So the question is what the best format and codec, to do, the between stuff (Proxies,PreRenders,etc). So that I can do the final render and the image is cryspe and clear.

3 Question
For final quest what is the best format to deliver to create the BETa Cam that is deliver to TV .

Thanks to all that can give me some help.
And sorry for any mispelled word .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]