FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice for Broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Knight
Need advice for Broadcast
on Sep 14, 2009 at 2:04:48 pm

I do a half-hour TV show and I need some advice. Currently I shoot HDV footage (Sony Z7U) and edit in Final Cut Pro on an SD timeline. I output to DVCam tape and send to a production house for closed captioning and a dub to Beta SP before it goes to the network.

It has been suggested to me to actually export a hi-res quicktime movie to a hard drive, then send it instead of the DVCam tape. When I spoke to the production house, they said I might as well keep sending tapes, because they would have to make a master tape as a source, then use that source to make closed captioned tape. They said I really would not notice any difference in quality (plus it costs an extra $150 for them to take my hard drive).

My question is: Shooting in HDV, and editing in FCP, what would be my best bet for delivering a SD show, and it look as good as possible on the network?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Need advice for Broadcast
on Sep 14, 2009 at 9:53:16 pm

you don't control what is "best" for delivering the show. If you are shooting and editing for Outdoor Life Network, they will have delivery requirements, and specifications - they tell you, not readers of Creative Cow.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]