FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video spec's...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
Video spec's...
on Sep 3, 2009 at 1:12:16 pm

I don't know if anyone is using this product, if so maybe you can help me.

I bought a unit from Western Digital called WD TV HD. It is suppose to read any usb hard drive and play hd video onto an hd monitor.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1001&sid=112&lang=en

I am using Final Cut Pro 6.0.6, i imported 2 hd files that i shot on my canon vixia hfs100 (they came in as 29.97 1920x1080 appleProRes422)

when i export the 20 sec clip as an .mov using the h.264 codec with 48khz aac audio, with 30fps at 1920X1080 (as the site suggests), it plays back in a studdered way.

I have tried to export right from FCP as a quicktime and then using ffmpeg, i have tried exporting as a quicktime conversion and i tried to export from compressor.

Western Digital has software that converts any video to the desired codec but it is only for Windows. I have posted this question on the WD site and even asked a tech support guy but came up short.

Anyone have any experience with this unit?

TIA

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Video spec's...
on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:22:59 am

I have this unit and HD always studders using memory stick. It plays fine off a hard drive. It obviously can read the data much faster

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.
Re: Video spec's...
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:16:24 pm

Hey Baz,

I am playing it off a 500gb Western Digital hard drive.

What spec's do you use? What do you use to compress your video to the players qualifications?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]