FORUMS: list search recent posts

White line appears at side of monitor

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Smith
White line appears at side of monitor
on Sep 2, 2009 at 7:53:59 pm

Hello all. I hope this is the right place to post - apologies if it is not. I am using an admittedly old Marshall V-LCD5.6 PRO five-inch field monitor. It ain't great but it works and I have grown accustomed to its face. That is until now. For some strange reason a white stripe now appears down the right hand side of the screen. This occurs both on viewing live from the camera and on playback (from both camera and a Sony DVCAM deck). Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? It's driving me nuts. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: White line appears at side of monitor
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:39:03 pm

gee, maybe you should call Marshall -
Phone: (310)333-0606 or 1-800-800-6608
Fax: (310)333-0688
E-mail: sales@marshall-usa.com

do you want me to call for you ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Adrian Smith
on Sep 2, 2009 at 11:11:19 pm

Well gee, duh, like, man, why didn't I think of that. Uh, kind'a like 'cos I don't have two hours to spend on hold... or wait three years for a response to an email... and you know, kind'a like, stupid me... I thought some of the brain trust here might know. It's OK. though man, honestly. I'll ask my mom. Peace out, dude.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 3, 2009 at 12:54:25 am

I spend three hours a day on hold with AJA, Blackmagic, AVID, ATTO,
Small Tree, Panasonic, Sony, etc. There is no life - you watch your software load, you watch your computers boot, things don't work, you call the companies, and WAIT on hold until they answer your questions. And then, the next day, another product develops a problem. Sometimes is a menu function on a Sony SRW-5500, sometimes it's a drop frame error in Final Cut Pro. AND YOU MAKE THAT CALL over and over and over again. And while your friends and family are out having dinner, you load that software, boot that computer, and wait on hold until tech support picks up the damn phone.

You dont' like this scenario - get out of the damn business.

Now 9am tomorrow, while you are editing, or sitting on the toilet, call Marshall, wait on hold, and ask them what the white line is from. Its probably your LCD display failing. If you tried multiple sources, thats your problem. And you know what - if you are not in warantee, they won't "fix it" - they will make you buy another one. Marshall is not putting the labor out to change an LCD panel.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]