FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital RF Broadcast

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Harover
Digital RF Broadcast
on Aug 24, 2009 at 3:40:47 am

How can I broadcast my program over existing cable plant in digital similar to what over the air digital has just transitioned to? What kind of modulator must I have in order to allow the broadcast of HD material?

As a side note, I have ten different channels, all of which wont need to be digital, but could be migrated in the future.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Matthew Harover

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: Digital RF Broadcast
on Aug 24, 2009 at 4:03:43 pm

hi matthew

i hope you have enough budget.
i asked myself the same question a few month's ago and came to the
conclusion that it was way out of budget in our situation. in comparisment with analog you can put your budget into factor 10. the realtime encoders like the tandberg E5788 are very good but expensive. Vbrick also have nice encoders in a more decent pricing. next to that you will need a QAM modulator which i found hard to find if you find one in a decent pricing please let me know. if you want to multiplex several signals on one channel you will also need a multiplexer or a encoder with multiple input's.
for encoders you can also take a look at linkXP there main thing is wireless broadcast camera systems but they also have universal realtime encoders.
hope this thread will be followed up whith some good suggestions

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

Matthew Harover
on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:59:17 pm

I was hoping to do ASTC broadcast to make sure compatibility isnt an issue. I have found some devices that seem to do the job, but they are tens of thousands of dollars. If that is the only way to do it and do it right, then thats what it will have to be. But is there a functional alternative that isnt such an investment, because to be honest, I am not convinced those will work as smoothly as they say they will.

Matthew Harover

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:34:51 pm

well matthew.

in my case the to stick with RF was a matter of infra structure.
the tree and branch style of system topology is in our use the best option.
we make temporal RFcircuit's which have to be rigged fast. tree and branch topology
is in the amount of cabling the best solution for us.
but maybe this is not the case in your situation. when things are fixed this is not an issue as in our situation. if there is a good ethernet system next to the RF streaming video can be a answer for you.
also remember that your not using the service but al the people that don't understand the system are.
this again was not the question in our situation where a experienced tech had to make and service the network the whole day.

maybe you have to sketch your situ a bit more in detail

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]