FORUMS: list search recent posts

IMX format, please help!

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dombrovskis
IMX format, please help!
on Aug 22, 2009 at 7:52:25 am

Hi guys,

am new to IMX format and to your site aswell. I will have to work with IMX and i need to know how big would be a 10 second file recorded in IMX30+ 8 audio.

thnaks in advance
cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: IMX format, please help!
on Aug 23, 2009 at 2:31:43 pm

MPEG IMX is a 2001 development of the Digital Betacam format. It uses the MPEG compression system, but at a higher bitrate than Betacam SX. The IMX format allows for a CCIR 601 compliant video signal, with eight channels of audio and timecode track. It lacks an analog audio (cue) track as the Digital Betacam, but will read it as channel 7 if used for playback.

Compression is applied in three different formats: 30 (6:1 compression), 40 (4:1 compression) or 50 Mbit/s (3.3:1 compression) which allows different quality/storage efficiency ratios. Video is recorded as MPEG-2 I frames only.

Return to posts index

Paul Dombrovskis
on Aug 23, 2009 at 2:38:09 pm

thank you for that!

what would be the size of 10 sec IMX-30 8 audio format clip??

cheers!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 23, 2009 at 9:46:15 pm

I have no idea.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Asmund Voll Tesdal
on Aug 26, 2009 at 7:19:18 pm

Well, IMX30 has a bitrate of 30 mb/s (megabits), so a 10 sec clip should be 37.5 mB (megabytes) of video. Don't remember the audio format for IMX, but I'll guess 16 bit 48k, which in 8 channels for 10 secs should be 7.68 mB. Then add some metadata on top of that, and you should have an approximate size.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]