FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking beginners broadcast monitor advice

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Nolan
Seeking beginners broadcast monitor advice
on Aug 16, 2009 at 9:26:24 am

After a few months of doing regular freelance broadcast work, I am recognizing the need to have a broadcast monitor.
I have read some of the other threads on this forum, and looked at different monitors online, but the truth is, I don't have any idea what I need or where to start. I am still very much getting started in this industry, trying to find my feet without any formal training.

I am working primarily in PAL 4:3, but I would like a monitor with some flexibility, depending on price. I don't have a huge amount to spend and I need to find a good balance between quality and affordability.

Can anyone give me some input as to the kinds of things I will need to consider, or suggestions of a good 1st monitor?

Thanks
David

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Seeking beginners broadcast monitor advice
on Aug 16, 2009 at 2:02:13 pm

freelancers do not need to own a broadcast monitor. If you are a small businessman, with a new small company, and an edit system, then you need a monitor, but if you are a freelancer, and do not charge your clients for your gear, you do not need a broadcast monitor. Why would you consider
spending $3000 for something you can't bill for ? No company buys gear if they can't get their "return
on investment". You do not need a Panasonic BT-LH1710 if you are just a freelancer. Buying
broadcast gear is not like buying a guitar, so you can have fun.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]