FORUMS: list search recent posts

VIdeo Card for split output not input

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Andrews
VIdeo Card for split output not input
on Aug 11, 2009 at 5:52:11 pm

I need some advise regarding video output cards. We have 2 systems one geared to editing the other compositing. We shoot in P2 and never need to input composite video, we output to BLU RAY or DVD and never to tape at least rarely. We have a room that we are currently using to digitize and cinamatize footage as needed. Most video cards are designed for input. We need broadcast quality and HD quality to colorize and to check NTSC output. We are looking at getting a small braodcast monitor and what I call a client monitor for HD both outputting at the same time. Is there a card that is better suited for this kind of split off of our systems for accurate color correction. Hopefully one that does not cost thousands. We are really concerned about what we are seeing on a computer monitor vs what we are getting on our NTSC monitors.

Any recommendations would really help. We had the hardest time explaning to one of our venders that we do not digitize anymore. Thought that was the whole idea. What's up with all this?

Thanks,

David

Return to posts index

Terry Neilson
Re: VIdeo Card for split output not input
on Aug 11, 2009 at 6:15:03 pm

Take a look at the Matrox MXO2 Mini. It is an In and Out solution but it has dual simultaneous monitoring, (component, Y/C, composite, and HDMI), and the calibration tool widens the range of monitors you can use for colour correction. And the price is right.

Terry

moving parts are so last year

MAC Pro quad 2.66, 8GB, X1900XT, 23" ACD, 10.5.8, Studio3, MXO2 Mini, etc.

Return to posts index

David Andrews
on Aug 11, 2009 at 6:18:35 pm

I will ...thanks...I forgot to mention that we are running Windows and Premier Pro since we do a lot of compositing graphics.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 11, 2009 at 8:01:20 pm

Although I am a big AJA fan, the cheapo solution you want is the Blackmagic Decklink Studio card - $695 retail, that will give you both SD-SDI/HD-SDI output, AND analog component output at the same time (and yes, it lets you input as well).

"Isn't there something cheaper than $695 that will work with a PC and suit my professional requirements" - NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

The street price of this card is $629, and if that is not cheap enough for you, then you must be eating a lot of macaroni and cheese.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]