FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivery Options for Playout

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Joseph
Delivery Options for Playout
on Jun 15, 2009 at 5:48:21 pm

I throw my show on the mercy of the masses.

Here is the issue. I have a series that is ready for delivery. The entire show was shot and edited in DVCPROHD 720p. The channel has a 1080i playout. They will accept both 720p and 1080i deliveries. I am concerned with getting the highest possible quality end product to the viewer at home.

I am inclined to deliver in 720p to keep the project native and allow them to up convert through the deck during broadcast. However, is there a risk to doing a hardware up convert right to broadcast? Would it be better to master in 1080i? If I output a 720p project from my edit suite to an HDCAM deck am I effectively getting the same high quality hardware up convert as I would if I went deck (720p) to deck (1080i)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

-Alex

Return to posts index

Tim Robinson
Re: Delivery Options for Playout
on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:37:22 pm

You need to ask the station what's best and also see if you can talk to an engineer to have them explain to you how they're decks & broadcast actually broadcast HD. If they can't tell you what's best, I'd side on caution and dub to 1080i. I'd also take the extra step of doing it from a 1080i project. But if that's to hard on your system for any reason, the HDCAM's recording should do the interlacing for you and still look great.

Tim Robinson

tim@erobinsons.com

Pride-Mobility-Products

Corporate Video Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]