FORUMS: list search recent posts

Theft Protection

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Figatner
Theft Protection
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:22:20 am

Greetings everyone, my apologies if this is in the wrong category.

I good friend of mine recently purchased a nice camera kit for about 6K and intends to get some lights, mics, etc soon for some indie filmmaking bringing the total to nearly 10K. However, he's nearly obsessed with it being stolen and we got to talking about theft insurance (out in the field and at home).

Does anyone know if this is possible and/or affordable (300-$500/yr)?

Thanks for your tips,

Josh

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Theft Protection
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:45:26 pm

Google the term "inland marine" insurance.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Theft Protection
on Jun 3, 2009 at 8:28:08 pm

As above, I have all of my field gear on an Inland Marine policy. The studio gear is insured differently. I got quotes from several companies a few years ago. Call a good insurance provider and they should be able to work up a plan and get numbers to you.
Tom

Return to posts index

Kevin Curdan
Re: Camera Theft and Insurance
on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:39:15 am

It is possible for that amount of money.

I insured about $700,000 in camera equipment a few years ago. It was bundled into production insurance and was around $9,000 for the year with a prominent carrier. So percentage-wise on $10,000 it won't be $500 a year as long as the equipment is in a fairly secure location. Simply call all the entertainment industry insurance agencies and see what they quote.

I was really worried about camera theft as well, so I registered all my broadcast equipment (brand name, model, serial number and photos) remotely on http://www.stolen-property.com/

If my camera is stolen in the future I simply have check a box.

Return to posts index

Adam Deierling
Re: Camera Theft and Insurance
on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:33:21 pm

I have my camera gear insured through a company called Film Emporium. They are based in NY. I am in Ohio, so its nice that they cover all over. You can check them out at http://www.FilmEmporium.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]