FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resize output of the Panasonic AG-MX70?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Hill
Resize output of the Panasonic AG-MX70?
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:32:18 pm

I will need to switch a live fashion show with the venerable Panasonic AG-MX70 switcher. We can't control the projector (it's built in to a theatre), and we don't want to project onto the walking fashion models, so I want to resize the output of the switcher so the image does not reach all the way to the bottom. Make the image maybe 75% of normal size and position it at the top.

I figured out how to do that in Bus 2 (the bottom bus) with a PIP effect. But if I have a camera also on Bus 1 (the top bus), it puts Bus 2 as a smaller PIP on top of full-screen Bus 1. I can just connect no cameras to Bus 1 and switch all the cameras with the buttons on Bus 2, but that give the little jump with each switch.

I would like to cut or dissolve between Bus 1 and Bus 2, the way you normally would -- and then resize the output of the switcher with something like a PIP effect.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. - Seth Hill, Art Institute of California - Los Angeles. (310) 883-4370

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: Resize output of the Panasonic AG-MX70?
on Jun 3, 2009 at 9:36:55 pm

sorry

no go. you need extra equipment to do this.
the PIP function use both busses meaning both Framesyncronizers so there will be no more left
to do the dissolves. cut/cut can be done by genlocking all signals. but i don't know
if this can be done in your setup

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]