FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rack Mount Extenders/Offsets

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Abramson
Rack Mount Extenders/Offsets
on May 21, 2009 at 7:27:56 pm

Might not be the best forum for this, but it was the closest that I could find.

Have a piece of rack mount equipment with connections on the front and back. Unfortunately, this causes cable loops to hang off the front of the rack. Does anyone make some sort of rack mount extender allows the piece of equipment to be moved further into the rack? Something that goes between the mounting tabs on the equipment and the rack frame?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Rack Mount Extenders/Offsets
on May 21, 2009 at 10:31:13 pm

Hi Jake -
you write -
"Have a piece of rack mount equipment with connections on the front and back. Unfortunately, this causes cable loops to hang off the front of the rack. Does anyone make some sort of rack mount extender allows the piece of equipment to be moved further into the rack? Something that goes between the mounting tabs on the equipment and the rack frame? "

What kind of stupid question is this. They say "there are no stupid questions" - but you are simply not explaining yourself. What equipment are you refering to ? Products like the AJA K3 Box (for example) are rack mounted pieces that are designed to be REAR RACK MOUNTED. Modern professional broadcast racks offer rack rail that is MOVABLE, so you can create a second mounting area, that is recessed from the main front rack rail area. The CHEAPEST companies that make racks - Middle Atlantic, and Raxxess offer this.

Why don't you tell us EXACTLY what piece of equipment you are talking about, and I will give you an exact answer, instead of making us guess what you own. There are correct solutions for ALL products on the market, including products that are not designed to be rack mounted. But until I have a clue as to what product you are talking about, I cannot even guess.

If you are refering to a product with BNC's on the FRONT AND BACK of the unit (and there are plenty of these), you can plug in your front BNC cables, and DRESS THE CABLES PROPERLY so it looks neat (thing ethernet switches), or you can rear rack mount these products, or simply order the correct rack rail for your rack. As I said before, even the cheapest racks have rack mounting options. And even if you have a home made wooden box, you can purchase rack rail from Middle Atlantic or Raxxess, and SCREW THE RAIL INTO THE SIDE OF THE BOX, so it does not stick out of the front.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Rack Mount Extenders/Offsets
on May 28, 2009 at 10:32:38 am

lol
you always make my side hurt, Bob.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]