FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PVM-2054QM Monitor

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Somers
Sony PVM-2054QM Monitor
on May 15, 2009 at 12:14:19 am

Hey guys,

I've just received an offer to buy a fully functional prime condition Sony PVM-2054QM for about 250$.
Being a one-man company, this offer seems like a good deal.
The problem is : the guy selling it doesn't have the manual anymore.

Question : is this monitor worth buying at this price (main use will be color correction), and if so, does anyone have a manual for it in PDF format?

Thanks!

Peter Somers

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Sony PVM-2054QM Monitor
on May 16, 2009 at 4:59:41 pm

save your money.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Peter Somers
on May 16, 2009 at 6:25:28 pm

Really? Why?
That bad??

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 17, 2009 at 2:17:39 pm

you are buying an antique. I don't even know the exact model 2054QM. When Sony first released the PVM series, the model was Sony PVM 1954Q, not 20. This was in the late 80's or early 90's. Then came the PVM 20M2U or PVM20M4U. This was replaced by the PVM 20L5/1. And all of this was A LONG TIME AGO. You can go to any discount store (like best buy) and get a better quality montior, than some old broadcast CRT that is 20 years old, whose CRT is dying, and one that cannot be calibrated.

Everyone loves the "but it cost be $3000 back in the day" - well that day was 1989, not 2009. STOP IT. Save your money. Everyone is using LCD and plasma displays today. Want a CRT - go to WalMart or Best Buy, and get a new "remainder" model, that will look ultimately much sharper than someone's 20 year old CRT. This ain't no bargain you are getting - just becuase it has BNC connectors on the back, and is "broadcast quality".

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tom Lee
on Jun 8, 2013 at 11:38:17 pm

Bob Zelin may I say that I use my PVM-2054QM daily for playing retro gaming systems. When it comes to CRT these things out do any consumer models around. I do agree this is a niche taste, but I am shocked by your immediate disregard for these monitors. There is a warm glow to an RGB CRT image that doesn't compare to flat screen reproduction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]