FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut to DVCPRO-NTSC question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brodner
Final Cut to DVCPRO-NTSC question
on Apr 27, 2009 at 4:15:51 pm

Update on my first journey into submitting commercials to the broadcast world

I finished editing a 30 second commercial for a friends restaurant and I'm in the process of compressing it for Time Warner. The gentleman I have been in contact with says the best way for me to deliver the spot is to export it as DVCPRO-NTSC.

I tried export > quicktime movie > and then chose the DVCPRO - NTSC preset right from my Final Cut timeline and the result was very "jaggy" especially in the text. I mentioned this to the guy and he said to keep in mind that NTSC looks worse on a computer than on TV, especially text that has any motion right to left. He said Time Warner doesn't work in HD at all and that at some point it'll be converted to SD anyways.

So what should I do? My sequence preset is set up for 1080i HDV. I shot the commercial with a Sony HDR FX1 and it looks great in Final Cut. The NTSC export, as I said before, doesn't look as great. Do I export the spot as a self contained quicktime file and then compress it using quicktime pro or visual hub to DVCPRO-NTSC...OR... just give him the DVCPRO-NTSC export right from Final Cut?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]