FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast requirement

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Newton
Broadcast requirement
on Apr 21, 2009 at 5:04:53 pm

Hey Guys

Need some urgent help -- I have been given the new format -- from a television station --- they will not use digi or sp for broadcast but mpeg 2

now please fund below the exact requirements:-

Dear All,

Please be informed that henceforth all TV commercials to be aired on .... Television is not required in Digi Beta or Beta SP format: Kindly note new material specs:

File Format : Mpeg 2 or Mpeg 4
Duration in seconds : Multiples of 5 for eg: 10, 15, 20, 25 etc...
Deadline for airing : 4 -5 working days after receipt of material

There is no change in Material requirement for sponsorship tags. However, please note the same for your reference:
5 sec mute mpeg ( in case of animation) or jpeg ( for static image). Mpeg size not to exceed 4 MB. Material to be sent by email
Voiceover format: Voiceover will be done at station's end hence Voiceover Text in above format should be emailed or sent across in writing.

Now honestly, I am very new to this and still in training ---

can someone explain this to me

and if so what are the steps that I need to do

for example creating a mpeg 2---- I have sorenso squeeze and compressor but have never converted to mpeg 2

so can some one explain to me the steps and what the requirements mean -- sorry to be kind of a noob lol but I would really appreciate if someone can help me out

Cheers

Return to posts index

Ron Gerber
Re: Broadcast requirement
on Apr 21, 2009 at 5:59:30 pm

Here are the steps my company has been telling everyone to use for MPEG2 Delivery using Sorenson. Most likely they will be similar to what your station wants - It would probably be best to send them a test file well in advance to trouble shoot the problems - usually the problems will be audio related.

1. Drag QuickTime reference movie (or a Regular QT movie) into Sorenson.
2. Select MPEG-1/2 drop down, Select "DVD_NTSC_LG" by dragging that to the QT reference movie
3. Double click on the DVD_NTSC_LG to open up it preferences.
Video:
Set as follows: format constraints: DVD (MPEG2); stream type: Program; Codec: MPEG-2 Video; Method: 1-pass CBR; data rate: 9570 (or you might have to do 2 pass VBR and set all avg, max * Min to 9570); format: NTSC; frame size: 720 x 480; frame rate: 29.97; aspect ratio: 4:3; field encoding: bottom field first; I frame rate: 15

Audio:
Set Audio to MPEG PCM Audio (or you might have to try the Layer 2 setting if the station tells you there's no audio)
Sample 16
Sample Rate 48000
Channel Stereo

5. press ok & then squeeze it

Good Luck and if you have stock in FedEx, it might be a good time to sell.

Return to posts index

Dan Newton
on Apr 24, 2009 at 6:59:52 pm

Hey

Thanks for the step by step ---

So I have done the exact specifications you have said --- so hopefully the TVC won't be rejected.

thanks so much

Return to posts index

Dan Newton
on May 2, 2009 at 6:50:10 pm

Hey

One question ----

what about the data rate --- will it stay as 1536

please advise

Return to posts index

Joey Burnham
on Apr 21, 2009 at 6:22:17 pm

It's surprising that they would ask for an Mpeg 2 and not give you any other specs besides that.
Anyways, just bring your file into compressor. There is an Mpeg 2 program stream preset which would probably work.
Joey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]