FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to calibrate a PAL monitor?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick van Niekerk
how to calibrate a PAL monitor?
on Apr 18, 2009 at 9:10:34 am

Hi Guys, i've been searching the net for a few hours, and can't find a good article/instructions on how to calibrate a Pal broadcast monitor, what the PAL bars should look like,

could someone please be so kind as to help me learn how to calibrate a Pal broadcast monitor?

thanks,
derrick

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: how to calibrate a PAL monitor?
on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:54:12 pm

hi there
if you want to go in extreem chech the site of the EBU
http://tech.ebu.ch/publications

daily adjusments are fairly simple. use the
PLUGE pattern for Brightness & contrast en make all bars the same intensity with blue only switched on. if you use a EBUcolorbar the whitebar will appear brighter

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Apr 22, 2009 at 7:44:03 pm

Hi Maurice,

thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Where would I get accurate pluge patterns from since my software only generates PAL color bars?

also after searching, I can't find an article on the ebu site about calibrating a PAL monitor, do you perhaps have a link?

thanks again for the reply,
Derrick

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Apr 23, 2009 at 8:01:41 pm

hi there

PLUGE stands for picture lineup general equipment.
it's a signal which generate a bar which goes just underneath black and a bar which goes just above black level. another trick is to put your monitor in underscan and look at the bottom of the screen. under the last line's of active video you wil find a little blackbar just in the middle of a line. when you adjust your brightness on your monitor you must find the point that you just don't see this bar. the contrast adjusment is a bit subjective but it should not clip. in the white's
some cards will not display the under black part of the PLUGE signalbut the serration pulses discribed above should be there all the time

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]