FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prepare My Video to be Broadcasted.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Johnston
Prepare My Video to be Broadcasted.
on Apr 13, 2009 at 10:36:46 pm

Hello Everyone. I really hope you can help me out here, I'm on a bit of a time crunch.

I am making a commercial that will be broadcasted on Satellite Television. I need to know, basically, what I need to do prepare my commercial to be broadcasted. Or at least where to begin.

Also, I know that some parts of my question will be dependent on some specific information from the broadcast station. If that is the case I need to know what information I need to acquire from them and then once I have it then what do i do with it?

1) How do I make my Video's colors Broadcast safe? I'm using Final Cut Pro.

2) I am shooting on a Panasonic HVX. If the station can accept HD footage, Am i fine? And if they can't what do I need to do to make my footage acceptable?

On top of those two questions I basically just need general guidance. I am experienced with video and editing and all that but broadcast is something I never tackled.

Return to posts index

Tom Mathews
Re: Prepare My Video to be Broadcasted.
on Apr 14, 2009 at 9:07:18 pm

I'm not sure if this thread is serious or not. Assuming it is serious, and not some left field humour I'm not getting, please follow this advice.

Hire an online editor to prepare your spot/film/show for broadcast, as you obviously do not have the knowledge or experience to do this yourself. There is no point in you looking at scopes that will mean nothing to you.

Please.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Prepare My Video to be Broadcasted.
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:44:51 pm

You'll fly by your external scopes for levels and lay off according to the networks' specs. It's usually a minute of bars and tone, 8 seconds of slate, 2 seconds of black with the show starting at 1 hour even drop frame.
But again, you'll want their guidlines before mastering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]