FORUMS: list search recent posts

video monitor

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Erickson
video monitor
on Apr 10, 2009 at 2:36:53 am

hi, im new here and want to apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this question (sooo many options). Anyways, i am looking for a video production monitor and was wondering what the best solution is. I have been looking at both lcd and crt monitors. I have a 1,000 budget (just graduated) and figured a crt is my only option (due to price limitations). So here is the real question - I found this hd-sdi monitor on ebay and was wondering if it would be worth purchasing? Also if anyone would know where I could take a monitor like this to be repaired in Iowa?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180345239544

Thanks, Kevin

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: video monitor
on Apr 10, 2009 at 1:49:10 pm

you are wasting your money. Do not buy this monitor. You are new to this industry, and you have no clients, so you do not need this monitor. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, you can purchase a 42" Panasonic Plasma for $899 that is full HD, and brand spanking new (and will be delivered for free to you) from B&H. With that said, YOU do not need a monitor. Get a job, or get some clients. When you have clients, and make some money, then you can buy some equipment. This is not a game, and it's not "cool" to own old broadcast video gear. It's not like collecting guitars.

The model of the professional Panasonic Plasma is -
TH42PH11UK. This is used at countless trade shows by multiple HD manufacturers to show off their products.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: video monitor
on Apr 10, 2009 at 9:30:53 pm

Kevin, I have a nice Sony broadcast NTSC monitor (HR Trinitron PVM20L2) I'll give ya ultra freakin cheap. It's heavy as all get up so shipping won't be cheap. I am way limited for space in my lil closet and I drive by my external scopes anyway. I just need a little 19" flat screen in there, really.
This beast was thousands back in the day but you can have it for 450 bucks plus shipping.
Works peachy.

email me if interested grinnervision at gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]