FORUMS: list search recent posts

video mixing??

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Rekoba
video mixing??
on Mar 25, 2009 at 6:38:02 pm

Hi,

I want to mix several live digital camcorder feeds and this mixed feed then recorded in lossless compression ie. mpeg1/mpeg2 and also streamed simultaneously onto the web. The streaming onto the web will not take place every time othertimes the mixed feed will be required for event big screen usage etc.

I understand that this can be done in 2 ways either by using hardware or software pc based vision mixer..

Any recommendations on wether to use software or hardware based mixers and which ones in particular.

The feeds from the cameras will be of live interviews/events from different angles.

Current Hardware:
1x pc high Intel duocore with loads of ram and sata harddisc space
2x Canon hx30 camcorder w/tripods
1x sony HVR-z1 w/tripod

I dont have thousands of pounds to spend, as working from home and a very tight budget...so any advice on this would be most helpful.

thanks in advance.

Nathan.R

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: video mixing??
on Mar 25, 2009 at 8:50:33 pm

IMO

make your CPU a streaming server and use a harwarebase'd vision mixer
tp feed it. get your self something like a MX70 from Panasonic.
although latency is a issue with the MX70

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 26, 2009 at 1:53:41 pm

Neither mpeg 1 or 2 are "lossless", but I take your meaning to be that you want to avoid an intermediate analog to digiall conversion step.

You could rent a switcher like the Panasonic 400 or one of the Edirol switchers, (what we call vision mixers in the States) run SDI or a firewire output from that into your streaming platform.

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Mar 28, 2009 at 9:38:55 pm

[Mark Suszko] " (what we call vision mixers in the States)"

As far as I know the units have been called "switchers" (or "video switchers") by video engineers, production people, networks and TV stations in the United States for the past 70 years or so.

A "switcher" or "technical director" is the term commonly used for the person doing the job of controlling the panel itself.

"Vision Mixer" is a UK term for the same device (or person doing the job.)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 29, 2009 at 12:04:01 am

I think that's what I said, certainly it was what I meant.

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Mar 31, 2009 at 1:30:42 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I think that's what I said, certainly it was what I meant."

Yes, I can see that, if I look at your phrase in the parentheses in a different way.

Never mind.

Photobucket

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Jul 10, 2009 at 3:41:22 pm

I am using "Cutfour" by avtake (avtake.com) I am very pleased with it.

It can do Broadcast Quality 720x480 and swend out multigraph video for encoding with any free encoding app. In fact it can do these at the same time while recording the broadcast version to an internal or external device.

I do live web streaming for sports and the app rocks big time no problems.

There is also vidblaster wich seems to offer more but does not have broadcast quality 720x480 and recording material to onternal drive is a hassel, I might be wrong on this but i have asked the developer about these. issues but he has never responded.

Also cut four is half the price and will soon be offering hd using deckling cards

These apps are just comming out and will revolutionise production.

Some might say that NLE multicam is best, But I think that each has its value and use. But for regular content like taking heads,sports drama, software mixers are the way to go.

I will be taping a broadcast show in a few months

R Cardonna

Return to posts index

Larry Crewe
on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:56:12 am

The Demo version of CutFour 2 worked great and has mostly everything that I'm looking for, however after spending $600 I'm having trouble getting a license that works. The system uses a automated internet licensing that gives you a constant "country or name is wrong".
After using the less than responsive email support system I was able to get a manual activation file which worked for a couple of days and then the software failed to boot again.

Is there anyone else having this issue or has a remedy for it. I've never seen software potentially as good as this with licensing issues like this.

It looks as if the HardID is changing at random.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Richard Cardonna
on Jul 16, 2009 at 4:37:57 pm

Its seems to that something is wrong with your instalation, a licese should not do what is happening. When you pay the people that take the payment and send the link they have a ph. call them.

If not, direct your support e-mail to Ismo he is the boss at avtake and put a strong subject matter. sometimes it takes two or tree days for a response, they are busy with the next version which should be out by the end of summer, this version has some interface upgrades and the ability to use intensity pro cards. )by the end of the year it will be HD)I was told that the upgrade for current users was going to be very cheap.

I have bee using cut four for about 2 months for live taping and internet sports streaming, no problem at all.

Let me know of you status

Richard C

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
on Mar 30, 2009 at 6:31:22 pm

It may not be in your budget, but the NewTek TriCaster would be perfect for your needs. It's everything in one box and can stream to the web; I use one all the time and it works great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]