FORUMS: list search recent posts

computer screen shots into nle

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
computer screen shots into nle
on Mar 8, 2009 at 12:39:29 am

i am editing a diy dvd. i shot the host with dvcprohd 720p. the client wants to show the computer screen through most of the 1 hr tutorial but he wants the screen to be as clear as if you were looking at it on your own computer monitor and he wants to show the whole screen, not parts of the screen. he mentioned a "video professor" guy whose ebay tutorial is the kind of screen quality he is looking for. i tried to shoot an lcd monitor with my jvc gy-hd200 at 720p but you can't really make out the text on the screen. i even mentioned zooming in on the screen to show where the mouse was but he wants just the whole screen the whole time.

i don't have an hd deck to run hdmi from the computer. so does anyone have any suggestions? i am thinking of 2 or 3 possible solutions;

1. since the final product is dvd as well as a standalone player with a 7 inch screen maybe i could go composite out of the computer and composite into my AJA board going to final cut

2. go composite i/o into a dvcpro deck.

3. is there maybe an hdmi to component wire i could go from the computer into the AJA or dvcpro?

if i do go the dvcpro route, i am thinking it shouldn't make too much difference because i'll add it to the dvcprohd 720p footage when i drop it onto a dv50 timeline to prepare it for dvd.

i hope this all makes sense.

any help is appreciated.

TIA

sam

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: computer screen shots into nle
on Mar 9, 2009 at 5:30:57 pm

Buy Techsmith Camtasia screen recording software for the PC, or buy or rent a scan converter. On the mac side the software that many people like is Snapz Pro, though there are some others coming up gaining in popularity.

With scan converters, which plug into your VGA port between the tower and the screen, your results are proportional to the cost of the unit. For serious stuff we use a $6k Scan-Do Ultra. For a simple low-rez Powerpoint type deal you can get away with a $99 scan converter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]