FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Captioning & HDCAM insert edit

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Yoder
Closed Captioning & HDCAM insert edit
on Feb 25, 2009 at 12:46:51 am

I have searched the forums and not found my specific problem. I have learned though, that HD captioning is a real problem for a lot of people. Hopefully someone out there has some insight into what I need to attempt.

I need to insert a new spot into a HDCAM closed caption master. The spot needs to be added to the first 1:30 and last 1:30 of the show.

I only have access to one HDCAM deck and one XDCAM HD deck.

I figure I have to dub the head and tail of the HDCAM closed captioned (CC) program to XDCAM HD. Then on the master HDCAM insert the :15 spot and then backtime the top of the show and insert edit the head of the show from the XDCAM HD back onto the HDCAM master. Then do the same for the end of the program.

In effect I am inserting a spot into the HDCAM master as if it was there in the beginning.

I know that this will upset the CC, but how will it change things?

Will the CC just be off :15 during the head and tail of the program? Or will it ruin the timing for the entire program?

The way the program is edited the :15 delay won't hurt the beginning and end.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

PS I also have to do this for a Beta SP master, but from what I have read the CC should follow the video. Of course I could be wrong...it would not be the first time...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]