FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way for downconvert Full-HD to PAL

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikko Kovasiipi
Best way for downconvert Full-HD to PAL
on Feb 17, 2009 at 7:50:45 am

Hello.
I have had Sony EX1 camera for six months now and I still have some issues about downconverting the videos for PAL versions.
Sometimes I have converted them with Compressor and sometimes I have taken the HD timeline to PAL timeline with Final Cut Pro but either way I get some flickering in the areas where are vertical lines and such. Then I have used the Flickering filter that came with FCP to reduce it and it looks "quite good".
So my question is what would be the best way (with program) to downconvert the video or how do you people usually do it?

Thanks

Mikko

Return to posts index

Mikko Kovasiipi
Re: Best way for downconvert Full-HD to PAL
on Feb 19, 2009 at 7:13:16 am

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Brian Alexander
on Feb 21, 2009 at 7:18:27 am

What is the native frame rate of the EX-1 (I realize I could google it but what fun would that be?).

Are you reducing your HD frame size to PAL frame size or are we talking frame rates?

Is the flickering and interlaced issue or a video judder issue?

Return to posts index

Mikko Kovasiipi
on Feb 21, 2009 at 9:18:40 am

Yeah, sorry about not being so clear with this. I'm talking about resizing the HD to SD keeping the same frame rate. Judder was just the word I was looking at. In the detailed areas it gives a lot's of that. Like if you put 1 pixel high line and you would like to watch it in a TV it will judder. It's just too "sharp" image.

So what should be the optimal way to blur it a bit so it won't get too blurred? I have tried to scale it down using Compressor but it gives me the same result as scaling it with Final Cut Pro.

Thanks.

Mk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]