FORUMS: list search recent posts

Various Video Formats

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janet Penny
Various Video Formats
on Feb 13, 2009 at 4:05:05 pm

Hi There,

I'm creating a program that requires using alot of various video sources. I'm editing on Final Cut Pro, in HD, 29.97 NTSC project. We're mastering the final product in 1080i 59.94 .

The various footage will likely brought in Quicktime Format. There will be instances where we may be bringing footage from tape.

Below is a list of the formats I am interested in using. How hard would these be to incorporate into my show? Would I need to get the footage upconverted/downconverted/terranexed, etc?

We also have window graphics that we may get created in a 4:3 manner in order to fit them into 16:9 frame, but I just wanted to see the logistics of this in general and how much trouble it may be. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Examples:

1. Aspect Ratio : 16:9 Anamorphic
Original Line Standard : 625i/25 fps
Shot On : Digibeta
Available As : Standard

2. Aspect Ratio : 16:9 Anamorphic
Original Line Standard : 1080p/25 fps
Shot On : HD CAM
Available As : HDp Standard

3. Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Original Line Standard : Film
Shot On : 35mm
Available As : Standard HD From Film Film Backed

4. Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Shot On : 35mm

5. Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Original Line Standard : 1080i/59.94 fps (NTSC)
Shot On : HD CAM
Available As : HDi Standard

6. Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Shot On : D3

7. Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Shot On : Beta SP

Return to posts index

Joey Burnham
Re: Various Video Formats
on Feb 13, 2009 at 6:44:14 pm

What's your budget? Makes a world of difference. If you can afford it have a post house transfer everything to the format you are mastering in. There are a host of issues with the transfers but if you choose a professional post house they will have the proper converters and staff to do a good job.
Wanna do it yourself? Not gonna be fun. Someone else will chime in though on the specifics of that.
Joey

Return to posts index

Janet Penny
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:20:35 pm

I will likely be getting it transferred at a post house. Budget is decent. I just wanted to see if any of the examples would be usable right off the "get go".

Return to posts index

Joey Burnham
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:24:27 pm

They will just run all the video stuff through a Teraxnex or something similar and you should be fine. For the film you will need to have that telecined out. What is your location?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]