FORUMS: list search recent posts

VITC help

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lloyd stas
VITC help
on Jan 26, 2009 at 2:41:31 pm

Hi, just got some delivery requirements and not sure about something..

"We require broadcast standard 625/50 (PAL) @ 720x608 resolution including VITC on lines 19 & 21 and TeleText (if included) on line 335."

I'm stumbling at the VITC part. I dont really understand what this is or what I should do about it.

Lloyd

Return to posts index

lloyd stas
Re: VITC help
on Jan 26, 2009 at 3:04:03 pm

oh and also..

have been asked to supply with video bitrate of 50mbps. Is this the same as data rate? when I compress with Squeeze, wont let me give it more than 9570 kbps data rate.

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: VITC help
on Jan 26, 2009 at 9:31:40 pm

VITC is the "more accurate" form of timecode, in that you can play down to frames/fields when jogging, for instance, on a DigiBeta. VITC is part of the vertical interval, and thus cannot be read at very high rates of deck speed, just like picture can't be vividly read at high speeds. If you're sitting on a frame, VITC can still be read.

VITC complements LTC, which is typically part of the audio channel/bandwidth of the tape, and is only so accurate. The tape stops, and so does the audio and the LTC. Your timecode reader on the deck can show you both, and you can also see the VITC/LTC lights on the deck when they are active.

You control VITC placement in the deck menu, and make sure VITC is on. PAL is typically lines 19,21 for VITC, NTSC 16,18. You obviously don't want VITC creeping into active picture. Ideally, VITC is set with a space between, and not consecutive lines.

http://www.keithtroester.com
PHOTOS | VIDEOS | SOUND | ETC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]