FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choosing a good "B" cam

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
Choosing a good "B" cam
on Jan 13, 2009 at 8:49:04 pm

Hi fellow cows,

I shoot medical shows using my Panasonic HPX500 in DVCPRO50 at the moment. (probably going to shoot 720 or 1080 soon with the same cam)

One of the doctors wants to purchase a camera so he can have his assistant shoot some video of things that happen when I'm not there to add into the show.

I don't think the assistant is a professional videographer like myself so he was looking at some very inexpensive camcorders to do the job. (some of them being Sony's hdr-sr12, hdr-xr200v, hdr-ux20 & canon's vixia hf11, vixia hf10, vixia hg21)

I don't think any of these will do for numerous reasons.

Does anyone have any other cameras in mind? I want something that will be comparable to DVCPRO50 for now until I switch to HD.

I'm guessing that one will say the AG-HPX170 or AG-HVX200A but I think these might be out of the price range once you add on p2 cards or external hard drive.

I'd like to keep it as a hard drive camera because I don't have an hdv deck, just a drive for my p2 cards.

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

Tim Ward
Re: Choosing a good "B" cam
on Jan 13, 2009 at 9:15:56 pm

Keep it in the family (200/170), I'd say.

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "I want something that will be comparable to DVCPRO50 for now until I switch to HD."
You can either have a "good 'B' cam" comparable to the 500 and DV50, or a cheap one that isn't as "good."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]