FORUMS: list search recent posts

program monitor for first editing system

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Carleton
program monitor for first editing system
on Dec 18, 2008 at 5:08:45 am

Please forgive me if this is the wrong form to post this question in, at the end of this thread (http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/56/856096) TC recommended that I look at this forum to learn more about program monitors.

The long and the short of it is I am building a edit system to edit HD video that I have been hired to do. I am looking to shoot this on a broadcast quality camera, I am going to hire a camera man to run the camera. I discuss the specs of the computer in the thread I referenced above. The target output in the early days are going to be to DVD, BlueRay, and the Web.

Originally I thought I would need a Black Magic DeckLink HD Extreme to have a HD program monitor, but thanks to this forum I came to realize that there is also a less expensive Blackmagic Intensity Pro card which will also me to have a program monitor.

The question I have is: What equipment do you recommend for someone like me that is starting out but want to produce top quality videos? I like the idea of not going broke, but I also want to produce some quality video for my client. I have a total budget, including the $1000 PC of about $3500~$4000.

Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]