FORUMS: list search recent posts

PVW 200 setting timecode

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Woody Retherford
PVW 200 setting timecode
on Dec 16, 2008 at 10:53:16 pm

Maybe I'm just getting forgetful in my old age but I'm trying to reset the timecode on a PVW-2800. I haven't used one for several years but I thought I set the timecode with the shuttle and then held down "set" but it is not working. Can anyone give me the step by step method of re-setting the timecode to a specific number. I don't have the manual.
Thanks, BustedFlush

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: PVW 200 setting timecode
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:06:14 pm

Make sure that your deck is set to "internal" and "Preset" first. Also set the Time Code generator to "Rec. Run". There are switches under the control panel for this.
Now push the "hold" button on the front panel. The numbers will start flashing. Use the jog/shuttle knob to select the group of numbers you want to change. Now while holding the "search" button down, turn the jog/shuttle knob until you have the desired numbers displayed. Change the other groups in the same manner. When you have the Time Code you want, push the "set" button.
If all you want to do is zero the code, press the "Hold" button then the "Reset" button and finally the "Set". button.
Tom

Return to posts index

Woody Retherford
Re: PVW 200 setting timecode
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:40:44 am

I think this was what I was doing but my shuttle is not adjusting any numbers. "Hold" starts the numbers flashing and the "set" button moves the flashing from hours to minutes etc. but the shuttle/jog does not have any effect. I checked settings under the control panel and these were set as you mentioned, but no luck. It's a refurbished deck, new to me, and maybe there is a loose wire. I have set the TC on other PVWs,BVWs & UVWs and others but it had been a while so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. If there is not anything else you can think of that might be wrong, I will just power it down (this resets it to zeros) or pay to have it looked at. Thanks for the help.
Woody

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]