FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a cheap scan converter that reverses input for prompting

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Need a cheap scan converter that reverses input for prompting
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:28:00 pm

I need your help guys:

Our regular prompters and software already can flip the text so it reads correctly on a prompter mirror. Now I'm building a prompter that will mostly show powerpoints off a laptop, or composite video, and the plasma screen I'm using doesn't have any invert/ reverse built-in like old CRT based units did, nor any deflection coils I can reverse. Poweroint doesn't have the flip capability built in like text based prompters do, AFAIK.

I know about scan converters and scalers, but never heard of one that also inverts or flips. That's what I want/need: acheap black box that takes a composite NTSC SD signal or VGA output in and flips it for the mirror. This box needs to be dirt cheap, whatever it is. Anybody know of a source/make/model/price?

Failing that, an application that would run on the laptop on top of powerpoint and flip the VGA output at the graphics card level might also work, but that make the laptop screen harder to use. So I'd rather it be the box instead.

Until I find the answer, I can just export stills and flip them in photoshop but I need to simplify things beyond that immediate fix.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Need a cheap scan converter that reverses input for prompting
on Dec 10, 2008 at 11:20:28 pm

Found one gizmo that just about everybody seems to use for this, it runs $400. I'd like to find something cheaper than that, if possible.

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
Re: Need a cheap scan converter that reverses input for prompting
on Dec 10, 2008 at 11:29:05 pm

http://www.sjmediasystem.com/hrt-scvga2.html

still around 4 bills.

you could try another inline mirror if you don't want to go so expensive. In the world of scan converters, this seems like about as low as you could go before you're in consumer-land.

or, do like i do -- tell the spouse you'll sell something to make up for the new toy you just gots to have!

http://www.inside-vegas.com

TJ McCormick
Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]