FORUMS: list search recent posts

Streaming Video to televisions across a network.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Thomas
Streaming Video to televisions across a network.
on Dec 1, 2008 at 7:00:45 pm

My company has requested my assistance on a project that I'm not very familiar with. Having 4 floors and several hundred employees, we've decided to install televisions in the kitchens and outside each elevator that will show upcoming events, messages, employees of the month, drills etc.

What I'm researching is to find out if there's a specific method/tool/software that would allow me to update/add/remove material being displayed on the TV's? We'll have IT install the hardware and create the network. But, i need to know if there's a UI system that we can install to update what's being displayed. Thanks all for any help! Happy Holidays!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Streaming Video to televisions across a network.
on Dec 1, 2008 at 7:50:14 pm

There are many systems for this that basically use a local hard driveor flash drive/video card in a tiny box to feed a display. The hard drive can be updated by an internet or ethernet connection. Typically these do their loading of new info overnight, so even a slow connection is not a problem.

Sony makes some of these, simplesign and BKM-FW50 come to mind, I think Panasonic might, look for NMstage by them, there's a player called mantis, and I remember a maker called DoReMi, Aplhavideo and DVEO and adtec digital soloist that offer a solution, there are dozens more you might find thru a careful googling of digital signage, video servers, and iptv as search terms.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]