FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chroma key --- cameras --- codecs --- questions

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Toth
Chroma key --- cameras --- codecs --- questions
on Nov 14, 2008 at 9:55:21 pm

Hey everyone,

Firstoff, I'm an AE/3d artist, and digital photographer, not so much a camera man, so I figured it would be within my best interest to ask you veterans for some advice.

We shot a green screen demo with an HDX-900, nice camera, to 720pDVCPRO HD codec, and in the end I felt the footage wound up being soft. This is probably because of the codec, but I still pulled a good key in after effects, and later on in Nuke too. Didn't matter in the end, the client was happy, but it was a demo. For the final shoot we are probably getting the AJ-HPX3000, which seems pretty legit in contrast to the cam we initially shot with.

My question is, how is the workflow with the AJ-HPX3000 with an FCP/AE/quack quack automatic duck workflow? The new 4:2:2 AVC-intra codec seems like the best thing since sliced bread, but I need to verify that we won't have any burps in our workflow. The color data will go up DRASTICALLY in contrast to the DVCpro codec, and save us keying time, but if it doesn't work in our flow then we can't use it.

Is there sample footage available anywhere?

Nicholas Toth
Freelance Animator
nicholastoth.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]