FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a TV studio

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alton todman
Creating a TV studio
on Nov 11, 2008 at 4:15:37 pm

Can anyone help me?! I work in multimedia for a Publication Company that is looking into starting a TV station from scratch and I was assigned the wonderfull task of researching what is needed. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? I am a novice when it come to video and television production. I know we need different rooms such as the control room, sound stage studio floor and server room but what is the best thy of equipment for television production. Please help.

To know me is to luv me.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Creating a TV studio
on Nov 11, 2008 at 4:52:00 pm

I know what to do - email me at maxavid@cfl.rr.com.

I build studios, and have recently built the studios for Turnstile Publications, that features Golfweek Magazine, and their web show.
I can tell you exactly what is needed to build a "budget" control room, edit systems, graphics systems, central machine room, and shared storage.

If this is unacceptable to you, I will be happy to answer any specific question you have on these forums.

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 11, 2008 at 5:58:18 pm

texas media systems (terry) is also right in your area (Austin) - that can build this studio for you. Of course, Beck Associates is
also in Austin Texas, and they are much better than anything that I can do, but they cost A LOT of money -but they are great.

I am here to answer your questions.

bob zelin

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Nov 16, 2008 at 12:58:19 am

Terry and the Texas Media Systems crew are the best, call him first, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

alton todman
on Nov 17, 2008 at 9:00:33 pm

Sorry it took a while for me to reply back but I had to deal with a family emergency.
As for the studio, the situation has changes a bit. We've gotten warm reception to our proposal for the studio but our potential backers are needing further proof this could generate interest before securing funds. We need a setup that is streamlined and preferable portable.
We still would like 3 cameras but would need to a more portable alternative to the TV studio. I'm waiting on the budget for this but I'm assuming we'll be working with $10,000 or so.

To know me is to luv me.

Return to posts index

Cdain Bullard
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:46:31 pm

I would like to hear more of your ideas on your project

Return to posts index

Cdain Bullard
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:48:28 pm

followed your work throughout the years good luck with your project

Return to posts index

Mike Gerlica
on Nov 12, 2008 at 5:43:24 am

I, too, would be happy to help out, Alton. I've designed and built a variety of studios, production trucks, and portable flypack systems for a wide range of budgets. Feel free to contact me anytime at mgerlica@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

alton todman
on Nov 17, 2008 at 8:43:12 pm

Sorry for the delayed response but I've been out for a few days dealing with a family emergency. Thanks for the assist. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

To know me is to luv me.

Return to posts index

alton todman
on Nov 17, 2008 at 9:02:05 pm

Sorry it took a while for me to reply back but I had to deal with a family emergency.
As for the studio, the situation has changes a bit. We've gotten warm reception to our proposal for the studio but our potential backers are needing further proof this could generate interest before securing funds. We need a setup that is streamlined and preferable portable.
We still would like 3 cameras but would need to a more portable alternative to the TV studio. I'm waiting on the budget for this but I'm assuming we'll be working with $10,000 or so.

To know me is to luv me.

Return to posts index

Cdain Bullard
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:52:46 pm

Hi Alton I think what your trying to do is great. what is the main forum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]